Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect some or all of the following personal information from you
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
We may also collect the following information from you
- Demographic information such as education, gender, interests and zip code
As is true of most Websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We use this information to do some or all of the following
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Website and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may sell or transfer individual information to third parties for and in our sole discretion. If you do not wish us to use personal information about you to promote or sell our products and services or to sell, transfer or otherwise provide personal information about you to third parties, please inform us by contacting customer service at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-969-3087 and we will certainly honor your request. We may also disclose your personal information
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If DBD is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Your California Privacy Rights DBD complies with Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code – the ‘Shine the Light Law’. Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California that have an established business relationship with DBD and that have provided certain personal information to DBD (“California Consumer”) have the right to request certain information from DBD. California Consumers may request that DBD disclose (i) the types of personal information shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, if any and (ii) the identity of any such third party with whom DBD has shared personal information, if any, during the previous calendar year. California Consumers may make one such request each year. To submit a request for information please email DBD at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your e-mail. DBD will respond with the requested information, if any, to the email. To submit a request for information please email DBD at email@example.com. Please include “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your e-mail. DBD will respond with the requested information, if any, to the email.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Policy Information
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We do not direct our Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under eighteen.
If you are an affiliate
What and where we store:
- If you are an affiliate, we store a cookie with your affiliate ID and map it to the user accessing our site with your link.
- If you are a visitor accessing our site with the affiliate link, we store your IP address. And if you place an order, then your order details are stored along with your IP address.
Export/Delete personal data
Exporting personal data is available for both – affiliate and visitor.
Export/delete of personal data will be processed only after receiving confirmation about it.
For deleting cookie data, a visitor can simply delete cookies from their browser.